Saturday, February 16, 2008

Frugal Idea!




Just thought I would mention this idea!


When you are frugal you start using your head and thinking outside of the box. Ideas would be you make things from scratch. You do not make countless runs to the store. You have a list and you stick to it. In the event that you are missing something, you......improvise. You also carefully plan out your menus and try to include alot of variety.


Some good ideas would be to try making different recipes. You will find that you will broaden your culinary skills and your husband will love you. :)

Above is a picture of homemade bread from this week. If you have never made bread it is a delightful thing to do. My great Grandmother was a pro at making bread, and of course my Grandmother is too, so I guess I inherited their skills. Bread is just one of the things I have learned to make.

For Valentines Day I made homemade bread, homemade spaghetti, red jello - for the red theme, salad and a homemade cake. All of my children joined in the fun and we did not go into the poor house because we spent too much money. Not only did we save by not eating out, we had fun!

The cake we made is pictured above, enjoy-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the cake... very cute! :-)