Friday, March 7, 2008

Enchilada recipe

For your enjoyment I thought I would post my enchilada recipe.
I have added this recipe to a keeper in our house, and I am sure you might too. :)

Ingrediants-
3tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp paprika
1-1/2 cups milk
1 can enchilada sauce
1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese
1 can sliced ripe olives, drained -we omit these for the hubby
3/4 pd. ground beef
1 md. onion, chopped - we use green onions
1 can pinto beans - we used homemade version
1 can chopped green chilies
1/8 tsp pepper
1 lg tomato
9 white or yellow corn tortillas

In 1-qt. microwave bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 tsp salt, paprika, milk and enchilada sauce until smooth. Microwave uncovered on high for 2 minutes: stir. Cook 4-5 min. longer or until thickened, stirring every min. Stir in cheese and olives; set aside.
Cook Beef and onion. stir in the bean dip, chilies, pepper and remaining salt. Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture and 1 tbsp of diced tomato down the center of each tortilla; roll tightly.
Place enchiladas seam side down in a ungreased microwave safe dish. top with sauce. Microwave for 5 min. Stir sauce on top of enchiladas and cook 5 more min. I hope you enjoy this dish!
It is from a quick cooking magazine a few years back and has been a keeper in our home for a while.

1 comment:

Charles said...

Thanks for this. I love cooking and Enchiladas are something I enjoy making. But this gives me a couple idea's for slight variations.

Can't wait to try it.